INSTANT ACCESS UPON PURCHASE.
3D GEODE ON A 30" x 40" -- a LARGE STATEMENT PIECE
- Prepping your panel- properly masking the edges and priming ( we will be leaving the-sides and letting the resin flow) You'll learn how to properly mask so that you don't need to sand the drippings
- Mixing your resin with pigments, colors and glitter
- How to make a free form cast, the steps and layers
- Cutting the hole and how to prep the back for the 3D aspect
- How I create coloured gems that with stand resin with out smudging into your art
- The stages of creating, when to stop and how many layers are needed
- Adding glitter - sounds simple but resin is tricky, glitter can take over your work
- Quartz clusters - when and how to add them for best results
- Texture points- How to get that beautiful sparkle that captures the eye
- Detailed paint brush lines - when to make them
- Creating depth- when to use the pen lines and layers
- How to achieve the perfect final layer- never shared this before!
- What to hardware to use to hand your art
THE 3D ASPECTS YOU WILL SEE IN THIS CLASS:
This is not an over night projects and will take some time to complete, don't rush, enjoy the process and watch as it all comes together to a 3D master piece.
Agnes Rup is a Canadian based artist who works with resin to create modern inspired geode art. Her signature geode pieces are white and an eye capturing gold giving each piece a luxurious feel. The art demands attention with eye catching textures of glass that shimmers as you walk by. The art is made on gallery birch panels with raw wood edges, capturing natures beauty and the high shine of resin. Real quartz crystal points are inserted into her art for the healing qualities making her art have a higher purposes. Her objective is to capture the beauty of nature with art, making captivating pieces that warm the soul.